I finished my first book when I retired. During my working life, I had written a few chapters but never a whole book. I used some of those earlier writings in both Winston – A Horse’s Tale and Dangerous Associations. When I am not writing or reading I like to play tennis, walk, swim and entertain.
One thing that might surprise you?
I don’t do Twitter.
Dangerous Associations is my third book.
What genre is it and what is it about?
An ex-husband, a new love, a stalker. Cathy Thompson’s link to her ex-husband fills her life with threats and intimidation. She must either trap her stalker or find Geoffrey to put an end to her life of fear.
What inspired you to write this book?
I had been reading a few crime books and watching crime stories on TV, which I really enjoy. Also, I wanted to write something which would appeal to a wider readership.
When did you first consider yourself a writer?
When I held the first print copy of my book in my hands.
Do you have any strange writing habits (like standing on your head or writing in the shower)?
I like to write when it’s raining – usually the weather is too good to lock myself away.
What book do you wish you could have written?
Anything by Australian author Kate Morton.
What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful?
Buy a copy for a friend’s birthday!
I loved writing Winston – A Horse’s Tale. It flowed easily – horses are my passion.
What is your favorite snack food?
Chocolate, of course.
If you had a supernatural power, what would it be?
To bring peace to the world.
What is something you want to accomplish before you die?
I’d love to be a best-selling author.
Do you remember the first book you read?
Yes, it was Chicken Little. I’m still waiting for the sky to fall in.
What makes you laugh/cry?
I’m lucky, I have a husband who makes me laugh all the time and I rarely have reason to cry.
Rita Lee Chapman was born in London and moved to Australia in her early twenties. It was only when she retired that she wrote her first novel, Missing in Egypt, a romantic travel mystery. Winston – A Horse’s Tale followed, written for horse lovers like herself. “It was the book I had to write.” Her latest book, Dangerous Associations, is her first foray into crime mystery. Visit Rita at:
- Website: http://www.ritaleechapman.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rita.chapman
- Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5834608.Rita_Lee_Chapman
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007MHUN56
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1501062905
- Large Print Edition: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1507554915/
- Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/493239
Winston – A Horse’s Tale
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G9QOZGE
- Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/372140
Missing in Egypt
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007JOUIIE/
- LARGE PRINT EDITION: http://www.amazon.com/Missing-Egypt/dp/149121872X/
- Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/263417